The Day of the Programmerdun dun dunnnn *insert epic music intro here* (Yeah, we know, what?) which is celebrated on the 256th (hexadecimal 100th, or the 28th) day of each year (September 13 during common years and on September 12 in leap years) has rolled around once again.
What is so special about this day, you may ask? Well, it is on this day that tech companies around the globe pay humble homage to the elusive being that is the programmer.
And in celebration of this day, luring him away from his nest with promises of ice cream, we decided to pick the brains of our resident developer, Tapiwa.
Without further ado, we present to you:
8 mind blowing developerish things you never knew about Tapiwa
1. Years involved in development? T: 10 magical years
2. What do you love most about what you do? T: Each and every day brings with it its own challenges which keep it exciting. The fact that there are multiple ways to solve a problem is also exciting. Finding many solutions.
4. Biggest developer misconception? T: *Chuckles* that you’re able to fix computers
5. Proudest project? T: Marie Stopes Appointment Management System
6. Measuring success in terms of development? T: If the client is getting what they are expecting. Managing expectations
7. Chocolate or vanilla? T: Vanilla
8. Biggest programming challenge?
T: Kinda vague, but I will bite. Well biggest challenge is ambiguity like your question 🙂
Well folks, there you have it. An inside peek into the world of developers. We hope you’ve enjoyed and on that note, we’ll leave you with this video representation of a day in the life of a developer.
Tech4Africa is the largest most well-known technology, innovation, entrepreneurial and start-up manifesto in Africa and this year our very own Digital Strategist was selected to disperse his knowledge. Tavonga, the […]