You already know that content marketing is important in your digital strategy, but most companies struggle to know what type of content to post that will boost their website’s Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
Here are 4 helpful tips on boosting your content marketing:
- Have a strategy
It’s important to start off with a goal in mind. Before you start posting content willy-nilly to your social profiles, think about the following:
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your brand tone and voice?
- What are your objectives?
Still not sure? Read our article on demystifying the content marketing strategy.
- Create unique content
Chances are your company has a wealth of unique content collateral which can be used on your various social platforms.
Unique content can be in the form of:
- Pictures from events, company fun days, previous work
- Company brochures – this can easily be repurposed for the web
- Examples of previous work your company has done
- Testimonials from satisfied customers
- Be consistent
Whichever platforms you are using to get your unique content out there, make sure you are posting and updating regularly.
This is particularly important for:
- SEO – the search engines will automatically rank your website higher if you are frequently updating your site, blog and social platforms
- Brand awareness – being top of mind
- Community engagement – keeping your customers regularly informed and updated
- Reputation and relevance – you will lose business if people see you haven’t updated anything in months
- Use the right tools
There is a myriad of free and paid for content management systems out there which we highly recommend that you make use of.
Having all your content in one place makes the whole process a lot easier and tidier, not to mention saves you valuable time.
You can schedule content to go out in advance and manage responses and notifications. Hootsuite is a fantastic place to start.
Content marketing made easy
The Content Marketing Institute says, “Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action”
So there you have it, follow our 4 tips and your content marketing is sure to be relevant, valuable and consistent. This in turn drives sale which in turn makes for a happy business.
Comments? Share your thoughts with us; we’d love to hear from you